At Ribbon Biolabs we are taking synthetic biology to the next level!
Ribbon Biolabs is a small biotech company based in Vienna developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis.
With our approach, we are challenged to develop a cost-efficient platform to produce long DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
The company is an early-stage startup with ambitious growth plans and is currently seeking to expand its team with a Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
As CTO, you will be leading the design and directing the development of the pipeline processes that constitute the core technology of the company. You should have industry experience and knowledge of lab automation. Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology, or related areas is absolutely required.
By working in Ribbon Biolabs, you as CTO, will have the opportunity to contribute substantially to implementing the vision of the company, to its growth and to building a revolutionary technology.
Ribbon Biolabs counts with multiple sources of funding including public grants and VC equity. The company has its own dedicated lab in the city of Vienna (Austria) and is constituted by a small but agile team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years post-degree experience, including in industrial settings
- At least 1 year of team management experience including team coaching and development, fostering employee engagement and providing motivation to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated experience with process and product characterization and validation
- Expertise in lab automation and liquid handlers, including their programming
- Experience in synthetic or systems biology
- Practical knowledge in scientific computing
- Proficiency of German language
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design and direct the development for pipeline automation of molecular biology / biochemical platforms
- Lead early-stage pipeline programs, including process development, scale-up, technology transfer, analytics, to support the development of products leading to commercialization
- Support the strategic planning of the company, including the financial planning, implementation of the company’s vision and the definition of KPIs
- Supervise the general R&D planning and work closely with the Scientific team on research programs
- Review the design of experiment protocols together with the Scientific team
- Ensure proper lab documentation is in place
- Contribute to the IP strategy including directing FTO analyses, patent definition and writing and, together with the rest of the team, keep an updated overview of patent and scientific literature
- Oversee technological trends of competitors and markets
- Foster team dynamics by engaging in team meetings, evaluation of personnel performance, identifying required and desirable training for team members
- Work in concert with Ribbon Biolabs’ Mentors and Advisors to boost management expertise and improve planning skills
Job type: Full time
Benefits: The selected candidate will get permanent employment with full-health and social benefits according to Austrian law, flexible working hours, the option to participate in the pool of employee stock of the company and the possibility to carry goal-oriented research.
How to apply: Applicants should provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, bibliography and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2019. Considerations of the applications will end on April 30, 2019.
Ribbon Biolabs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The team at Ribbon Biolabs is looking forward to your application!