In a Nutshell
AustrianStartups is in search of a CXO to help us accelerate our growth, develop new projects and products, and professionalize communication. The X stands for the unlimited possibilities the position comes with and the holistic approach you bring to AustrianStartups. You will work closely with our CEO and the board of AustrianStartups to shape our strategy for the future and optimize organizational structures accordingly. The ideal candidate has a strong background in the Austrian startup scene and combines a creative mind with a structured and result-driven management approach.
Who we are
AustrianStartups is the leading non-profit platform and think tank for startups and innovative entrepreneurship in Austria. Together with our 30,000 supporters, we are working towards a brighter entrepreneurial future in Austria. Over the past 6 years, we have inspired more than 160,000 people across our communication channels, connected more than 15,000 event visitors and published Austria’s largest startup study – the Austrian Startup Monitor. With your help, we aim to change Austria’s entrepreneurial culture sustainably and for the better!
What you will be doing
● Shape our overall strategy for the future and actively drive growth on all levels.
● Manage and develop our team of 50+ changemakers all over Austria.
● Take ownership of our communication and increase our visibility beyond the startup scene.
● Conceptualize and produce new forms of content that drive engagement.
● Manage and grow the network of stakeholders, members, partners & supporters.
● Develop new products, services and programs and manage large scale projects.
What we are looking for
● Experience of working in a startup environment
● Experience in leading projects and teams
● Excellent communication skills – offline and online
● Business fluency in English and German
● Proactive and hands-on mentality
● Structured thinking, curiosity, and attention to detail
● A creative mind with a passion for design and storytelling
● Strong interest in community-building
● To sum it up: you are empathic like Mother Teresa, creative like Gustav Klimt, and a pioneer like Marie Curie. :P
Why you should apply
With us you will play a leading role in transforming our society while collaborating with a diverse team and volunteers all over Austria. You will work at the heart of the Austrian startup ecosystem and constantly be exposed to new technologies and individuals who have a lasting impact. We work hard, but we also craft moments that allow our team to pause, create, and connect – or in other words: We encourage you to bring your whole self to work and you will become part of our truly special family.
● Monthly gross salary of €2,600 (14x yearly)
● Working Location @ Impact Hub Vienna in the 7th district.
Awesome! Apply here by uploading your CV and convincing us why you are the right candidate. The format is up to you. It can be a few lines of text, a video teaser, a pitch deck or a picture. Personal references from the startup scene are encouraged. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.