Our vision at Freeletics is to challenge and inspire people around the world to become the greatest version of themselves, both physically and mentally. We build products and experiences that improve people's lives through physical exercise, nutrition guidance and education. By doing this, we have created a unique and passionate community of over 38 million users worldwide, who all want to change their lifestyle for the better. By combining sports science, AI technology and long-term behavior change, we are creating a truly unique movement in the health and fitness space
As a Data Scientist you design and implement algorithms, devise experiments and test hypotheses to support the continuous development efforts within the data science team. You hold advanced analytical skills and think in hypotheses? You like to work with large data sets and want to shape the future of coaching AI? Then we are happy to read through your application!
- Implement data pipelines for supervised and unsupervised problems
- Write clean, modular code to build algorithms for decision-making systems
- Work with domain experts to translate real-world requirements into algorithms
- Study, design and report on controllable metrics
- Provide ongoing tracking and monitoring of performance on decision systems and statistical models
- Collaborate with team experts to select and compile the relevant sources of information
- Accumulate testing results and visualise them in a presentable, professional and actionable manner
- Master's degree in (applied) mathematics, engineering, computational science, statistics, computer science or a related field.
- 3+ years of modelling/optimisation/machine learning experience on applied problems.
- Experience with general-purpose programming language - preferably Python and databases - preferably PostgreSQL.
- Proven experience in designing experiments and hypothesis testing from an algorithmic point of view.
- Experience manipulating large datasets and using databases.
- Experience in relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics.
- You can explain the significance of data in a way that can be easily understood by others.
- Experience in the fitness industry or an interest in sports and fitness would be considered a plus.
- Exceptional quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary and pension, with regular compensation reviews
- MacBook Pro and your choice of other hardware
- Team events (offsite, lunches, conferences, and more)
- Conference, education, and book budget
- Company events (hiking, Octoberfest, holiday party, and more)
- Bi-annual in-house hackathons
- Childcare and transportation allowance
- Free food and drinks in a fully equipped kitchen
- World-wide accident insurance
- Training space, yoga, lockers, showers, and laundry service
- 27 vacation days and 13 public holidays
- Home office policy
- The option to take a sabbatical after your second year
- Relocation allowance