Data Scientist / Mathematician
You are not interested in basic nine-to-five jobs and want your work to have a sustainable impact? Then HYDROGRID is the place to be!
Our mission at HYDROGRID is to fully optimize hydropower plants through our in-house developed SaaS-solutions and thereby make hydro power plants – the best source of renewable energy - more attractive. With the help of sophisticated algorithms, our software is able to accurately align power generation with weather and price forecasts. By doing so, we automate processes, save time and increase revenues by up to 18%. Due to our rapid growth we’re looking for an experienced
Data Scientist/Applied Mathematician (m/f)
(or a university graduate wanting to become one) with software development skills for a full-time position.
- Develop, test and implement forecasting and optimization algorithms from the ground up
- Lead the process from mathematical methodology, prototyping all the way to production-ready deployment
- Work closely with software developers, engineers and energy industry experts to continuously improve our methodology
- Your methods will be deployed to optimally control power plants across Europe & beyond, and will help to make a low-carbon economy possible
What we are looking for
- Degree (MSc or higher) in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science (or similar)
- Knowledge of Classic Forecasting / Econometrics / Time Series Modeling Methods
- Basic Software Development Skills (e.g. Matlab, R, Python, …)
- Basic Database Knowledge (Oracle, SQL, …)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Methods, Neural Networks Modelling, Optimization Methods (deterministic & stochastic) and/or Big Data Analytics would be a big plus
What we offer
- Long-term development opportunities & support for your growth
- Beautiful & centrally located office in the 1st district
- Goodies like unlimited coffee, tea, and your very own HYDROGRID pen
- Annual Ticket for Wiener Linien
- Flexible work hours
We offer a base salary for university graduates starting at 42k per year and offer considerable overpayment based on previous experience.
Our passion-driven team works tirelessly to optimize hydropower and improve the global energy mix towards a future with sustainable power generation. We value trust, honesty, and creative-thinking and would love to welcome you to our team.
If you are also interested in making an impact and solving the global energy issue, please send your application to email@example.com and tell us your motivation to join our pursuit of a future with renewables.