Device Manager – Primary Packaging Technology (f/m)
Device Manager - Primary Packaging Technology (f/m), Global Drug Development, Schaftenau, Austria
350+! The quantity of different primary packaging and kit components used by Novartis drug and device combination products. This new role is waiting for you to engage in maintaining or developing and implementing the next generation.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute primary packaging development activities for vials, cartridges or pre-fillable sterile syringes and closure systems with the project team members for assigned projects
• Maintain knowledge in the areas of materials (glass, polymers, rubbers, silicone/ lubricants, sterile barrier systems, adhesives, needles). Manufacturing (injection molding, glass converting, rubber molding, plasma coating, assembly, fill & finish, transport validation)
• Develop packaging concepts to support early phase drug development
• Conduct feasibility assessments on new technology/ packaging concepts
• Develop early and late phase packaging prototypes using rapid prototyping, machined and/or soft tooling
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced University degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology, Pharmacy, Physics or similar
• Good knowledge of English (oral and written). German beneficial
• Successfully demonstrated several years (3-5 years) experience in medical device or pharma industry or equivalent
• Thorough understanding of medical devices development processes and knowledge of related basic regulations
• Ability to work in and/or lead interdisciplinary and/or cross-cultural teams by advanced coaching skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills + strong scientific and technical writing skills
• Recognized expertise in parenteral primary packaging materials, design and components
• Ability to work in matrix environment and/or lead interdisciplinary and/or cross-cultural teams and indirectly influence team members
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 48,718.04 per year on a full time basis).
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.