See Kat talk about her role at N26
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 4 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1500 employees in 5 locations with 80 different nationalities is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation.
In October 2019, we officially opened our 2nd Tech Hub in the EU in the city of Vienna, which has been named the most liveable city in the world for the second year running. The team will consist of exceptional Design, Tech and Product talent and looking to grow to 50+ in 2020.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our engineering efforts for our B2B offering.
Once Here You Will
Lead one of our software engineering cross functional groups to continuously identify and learn from our deliveries on how to further improve our effectiveness. Forming a leadership team with the group product manager and principal engineer alongside other roles such as agile coach, to bring our products to life. In this role, you will:
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback.
- Work with the product manager and principal engineer to recruit, manage and retain talent.
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Collaborate with the product manager and principal engineer in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
What You'll Bring Along :
- Building a team able to operate large-scale applications with scalable and resilient microservices
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members
- Experience building and working in high-performance Agile software development teams (experience writing software (tech stack here) is helpful )
- Experience in building processes and organizational structures to support highly effective teams.
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Demonstrated project management experience and skills
- Language skills: English professional proficiency (B2-C1 level)
What we offer
- The salary for this position starts at €95,000 gross per year
- Relocation allowance
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Getting things done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.