Internship – Innovation Team
Organizational SettingThe Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA's ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The Business Solutions Section provides information systems development and support services to IAEA programme areas and to the IAEA as a whole.
The Innovation Team partners with internal teams to conceive, champion and develop new approaches to solving problems.Main PurposeThe purpose of this internship is to support the Innovation Lead with promoting organizational innovation by demonstrating benefits of readily available technology and rapid exploration of new ideas from across the IAEA.
The IT Innovation Intern will report to Innovation Lead managing the Innovation Programme in Business Solutions Section (BSS) of Division of Information Technology (MTIT).
The ideal incumbent is a motivated individual, passionate about the role technology can play in innovation, a quick learner and hands-onFunctions / Key Results Expected
- Research current and not currently in use technologies, applications, frameworks and platforms at the IAEA in order to broaden the knowledge base and facilitate better technology decision making in BSS, MTIT and IAEA as the whole;
- Build rapid prototypes and Proof of Concepts (PoC) to determine fit and usability;
- Support the team in communication to business through workshops, consulting, drop in sessions and other activities as required;
- Contribute to establishing an Innovation Programme by providing relevant inputs;
- Contribute in fostering innovation across the IAEA by suggesting ideas and drafting changes to existing processes and policies;
- Assist in on-going projects and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge sharing and learning.
- Data Management.
- HTML/Web Tools and Technologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree - Computer Science, Engineering, Design or Behavioural Science or related fields.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA's internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application