Software Engineer / Architect – medical technologies
Optronia – a dynamic startup located in Innsbruck – is focused on optical sensors and imaging technologies. In our medical business unit, we develop novel solutions for ophthalmology and telemedicine.
You will be responsible for the design and development of software in the field of computer vision and robotics. Together with hardware engineers and medical doctors, you will develop technological concepts, structural requirements and effective implementations.
Responsibilities will include
- Develop new software solutions from first prototype to launched medical product
- Camera integration (SDK interface, illumination synchronization, image stream and display)
- Image processing using computer vision algorithms
- Implement image-based feedback-loops and controlling actuators
- Design an intuitive user interface with focus on usability to facilitate new diagnostic workflows
- Interface with standardized, clinical data-base systems
- Documentation according to international requirements for medical devices
- BSc degree in computer science or related technical field
- 2 or more years of experience in software development
- Experience in the area of medical technologies, machine vision and/or robotics
- Hands-on experience with image processing and computer vision (i.e. OpenCV)
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills (i.e. C++, C#, .NET, Python)
Salary will be determined based on professional experience and qualification.
(The formal minimum salary according to Austrian Collective Agreement is EUR 36 155 p.a.)
We offer an exciting opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as our company language. We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org